The effectiveness of Kirkland Minoxidil is not in doubt. It has been shown to have clear and visible results in halting natural hair loss and significantly encouraging new hair growth. In cases of Male Pattern Baldness, Kirkland Minoxidil is a highly effective remedy. Approved by the governmental agencies in the UK and USA, Kirkland Minoxidil is the ‘number 1’ treatment for hair loss in men.
The Cheapest & Best Option! Recurring, monthly deliveries to make sure you never run out!
Buy just what you need! A little more expensive, but no recurring purchases.
Does Minoxidil Work?
Effectiveness of Minoxidil
If you have yet to try Kirkland Minoxidil for your hair loss, the most important question is probably, “Does it work?”
In short, yes! Kirkland Minoxidil has been proven – medically proven and approved – to be effective in slowing hair loss and encouraging significant hair regrowth in cases of Male Pattern Baldness.
Approved by FDA in the United States and by the MHRA, here in the UK, Minoxidil is an ‘over-the-counter’ treatment for Male Pattern Baldness. You may have heard of the FDA (the “Food and Drug Administration”) in the United States. The MHRA is the UK Government’s closest equivalent, the “Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency”. Minoxidil is also recommended by the American Hair Loss Association. As far as we’re aware, there isn’t a UK equivalent.
- Effectiveness: Kirkland Minoxidil works most effectively for roughly two thirds of men. The most significantly noticeable results are seen in men under 40 years and those who begin treatment in the very early stages of hair loss.
- How to Use Minoxidil: Apply Kirkland Minoxidil Foam or Topical Solution twice a day. Make sure your hair is dry and clean when you apply and make sure it stays dry for as long as possible afterwards – a minimum of four hours is recommended. The best times would be after you morning shower and last thing at night. Apply Minoxidil directly to the areas affected. You won’t see an immediate change – it doesn’t happen overnight. Some studies have shown noticeable regrowth in as little 8 weeks, although the largest segment of success studies are seen around the 16 week period. Be patient.
- What it Does: Minoxidil is an ‘antihypertensive vasodilator’ medication, originally used as a drug to treat high blood pressure. It works by widening the hair follicles, causing thicker strands of hair, and by prolonging the active growth phase of hair (called the ‘anagen’ stage) resulting in much longer and higher number of hair strands.
- What it Doesn’t Do: Minoxidil is not a ‘cure’ baldness. If you stop using it, your hair will begin to thin again, to a point apparently greater than when you began the Minoxidil treatment.
- Minoxidil Side Effects: Thankfully, the side effects of Minoxidil are relatively rare and slight. You may have redness, itching, dryness, flaking, or other scalp irritation, though this is uncommon. Skin irritability is more likely when using the stronger 5% solution. Minoxidil Foam tends to show fewer side effects in patients because of the exclusion of ‘propylene glycol’, a substance which helps the scalp absorb the active, hair-growth compound. Read more about Foam vs Topical.
The March of Time
As a man gets older, the multitude signs of aging are inevitable, although many can be slowed down, or even stopped. One such is hair loss. Often more associated with older, perhaps ‘middle-aged’ men, Male Pattern Baldness can begin long before we might think. As WebMD puts it…
By age 35, two-thirds of American men will have some degree of appreciable hair loss and by age 50 approximately 85% of men have significantly thinning hair. About 25% of men who suffer from male pattern baldness begin the painful process before they reach 21.
They specifically mention “American men”, however we think men in the US and quite the same as men in here the UK. Let’s just read that again, 66% (two thirds) of men will show some signs of baldness by the time they are just 35 years old and, incredibly, a quarter of men with hair loss are showing the signs BEFORE THEY REACH 21 YEARS OLD. 21! That’s almost a child!
If you are in your ‘more mature’ years, it may well be the case that you will never regain the full, lush hair you had when you were 18, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t something you can do about it! You could consider a hair transplant, but here at MinoxidilUK, we’re not overly happy with the idea of expensive surgery, particularly when there is a much less invasive method.
Kirkland Minoxidil has been proven to slow down or stop hair thinning, and even grow back some of the hair you thought had disappeared forever!
When to Begin Treatment
Early Application Increases Effectiveness
As with many medical conditions, early diagnosis and early treatment will increase the effectiveness of the treatment. This should be fairly obvious.
Many Minoxidil users (both our clients and those commenting on various hair loss message boards) use similar phrases, “I wish I’d started using it a long time ago.” That’s hardly a surprise.
If you are reading this page, we hope it won’t be presumptuous of us to assume that you are worried that you hair is thinning. If you feel your hair is less than it was, or should be, now is the time to begin your hair restorer regime. Every day without Minoxidil is one more day of hair loss. It’s as simple as that.
REMEMBER – Our Prices Include FREE & FAST UK DELIVERY!