Minoxidil really is the wonder drug for millions of men. Approved by government agencies in the UK and USA, it has been proven to stop hair loss and drastically increase hair regrowth in cases of male pattern baldness. See significantly visible results in as little as 4 months! If you are losing your hair, there is hope!
A Genuine Hair Loss Treatment for Men
Minoxidil Hair Loss Treatment
According to Wikipedia, “Minoxidil is an antihypertensive vasodilator medication and is used to treat hair loss. It is available as a generic medication and over the counter for the treatment of androgenic alopecia, a form of hair loss, in men and women.”
An “antihypertensive vasodilator”?
That’s a substance which lowers your blood pressure and increases the size of your blood vessels. This was the original intention for the Minoxidil compound – to help lower blood pressure, until it was discovered through trials, that the drug increased hair growth in some men. Significantly! Further development has now refined the product and in the mid 90s, Minoxidil was approved by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) in the USA. A little later, by the MHRA (Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency) in the United Kingdom.
- Does It Work? Minoxidil has been shown to product the best results in around 70% of men with Male Pattern Baldness. The most impressive results have been seen in those men who start the treatment earlier in the stages of baldness – the earlier, the better! – with the under-40s seeing the most dramatic results.
- How to Use Minoxidil. Application is easy, either with Foam or Topical Solution. Apply the Foam or Topical Solution twice a day. With the Foam, squirt a half-capful in to your hand and massage the affected areas of baldness, with Topical Solution, apply directly to the affected areas of your scalp with the pipette provided. Make sure your hair and scalp are dry and clean when you apply Minoxidil and, as far as possible, make sure it stays dry for as long as possible afterwards, ideally a minimum of four hours.
- Expectations. You won’t see new hair overnight. Minoxidil needs time to regenerate the growth in the follicles. Some studies indicate that a visible difference in hair growth can be as quick as eight weeks, but generally, the largest successes are seen in men after roughly 16 weeks of use. Be patient, it will happen. Read more about timescales.
- What it Does: As mentioned above, Minoxidil is an antihypertensive vasodilator, originally developed as a means to lower high blood pressure. The compound works by thickening the hairs and widening the hair follicles, and by extending the active growth phase of hair, resulting in much longer – and many more – strands of hair. The active growth phase of hair is referred to as the ‘anagen stage’. Lots more about your hair growth stages.
- What it Doesn’t Do: It is important to point out that Minoxidil is not a ‘cure’ for baldness. It isn’t a case of “use it once, and forget it”. Think of it like food for your hair. One application is like a highly nutritious meal for you body, but you’ll need more food tomorrow. If you stop eating, you’ll run out of energy, if you stop using Minoxidil, your hair will begin to thin again.
- Side Effects: Luckily, any side effects noted during the use of Minoxidil are rare and minor. Some people have experienced some redness of the skin, some slight itching, dryness, flaking, or other minor scalp irritation, though these effects are uncommon. The chances of side effects are more likely in patients using the Topical Solution. Minoxidil Foam tends to show fewer side effects in patients because of the exclusion of ‘propylene glycol’, a substance which helps the scalp absorb the active, hair-growth compound. Read more about Foam vs Topical.
Use and Expectations
Application and Expectations of Minoxidil
As with most medical treatments, following the application directions is crucial for optimum returns. Both the Foam and Topical Solution versions of Minoxidil need to be applied to DRY HAIR. This is important. Also, try to keep your hair dry for as long as you can, after application.
Apply the foam or liquid twice every day – ideally once in the morning and once before you go to bed.
If you stick to this regime, you should see very pleasing results in as little as 16 weeks. That may sound like a long time, but Male Pattern Baldness takes place over a long period of time and equally, the reversal and repair of this process will also take some time. Don’t take our word for it! Go and Google some reviews! You’ll see that the majority of people are happy with the results around the four month stage.
Foam or Liquid?
Minoxidil Foam or Liquid?
MinoxidilUK supply the two variants of Kirkland Minoxidil – the Foam and the Topical Liquid Solution.
Both are of equal strength, in terms of the actual Minoxidil content but, due to one ingredient, the Topical Liquid brings a slightly increased risk of mild skin irritation. The chemical ingredient responsible for this irritation, “propylene glycol”, is not present in the Foam version, which is more suitable for those with sensitive skin.
Rogaine® and Regaine®
Rogaine® and Regaine® are just brand names, carrying the active, hair-restoring ingredient. Are they better? No. It’s the same thing, you just paying for the branding and packaging.
Kirkland Minoxidil is, by and large, cheaper than its branded counterparts, most commonly Rogaine®. It contains exactly the same active ingredient, at exactly the same strength. The only differences are in the additional ingredients of each solution.
REMEMBER – Our Prices Include FREE & FAST UK DELIVERY!
Buy Minoxidil Topical Solution
Buy Minoxidil Foam