Privacy and Security
This policy, which applies whether you visit or use our websites on any device (i.e. computer, mobile, tablet etc.) or in any communication (i.e. phone, email, writing etc.) you have with us.
This policy includes information about how we use your data, what personal data we collect, how we ensure your privacy is maintained and your legal rights relating to your personal data.
How we use your data
MinoxidilUK.com use your personal data:
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to improve and tailor our websites to your needs;
- to manage any registered accounts you hold with us;
- to verify your identity;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- to contact you by email about offers, products and services we think may be of interest, only with your consent;
- for market research purposes, helping us better understand your needs;
- to enable us manage our customer service interactions with you; and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (e.g. legal dispute, investigation by a law enforcement authority).
MinoxidilUK.com may use your personal data to send you email marketing, with your consent. We aim to update you on offers, products and services we think may be of interest to you.
You have the right to opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by:
- changing your marketing preferences via your account;
- use the unsubscribe link in our emails; or
- completing the unsubscribe form here.
If you visit our websites you may receive personalised banner advertisements whilst browsing other websites. Any banner adverts will relate to products you have viewed whilst browsing one of our websites. These adverts are provided by MinoxidilUK.com via market leading providers using cookies stored on your device. You can remove or disable cookies at any time, see our below for more details.
Sharing Data with Third Parties
In order for MinoxidilUK.com to provide certain goods and services to you, we may need to share your personal data with our trusted service partners, this includes suppliers, carriers and service providers. Other than our service providers, MinoxidilUK.com will not disclose your personal data except as set out below. We will never share, sell or rent your personal data to any other organisations for marketing purposes.
MinoxidilUK.com may share your data with:
- our trusted partners that provide products and services on our behalf;
- credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments;
- credit brokers and lenders where necessary for finance applications;
governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so:
- to to comply with our legal obligations;
- to to exercise out legal rights (e.g. court cases);
- to for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- to for the protection of our customers and employees.
What Personal Information do we Collect?
MinoxidilUK.com may collect the following information about you:
- your name,;
- your contact details: postal address, billing address, delivery address, telephone/mobile numbers and email address;
- purchases and orders you made;
- your browsing activities made on our websites;
- your password(s), for your account(s);;
- your communication/marketing preferences;
- your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- your location;
- your correspondence and communications with us; and
- other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (Twitter feed, public Facebook page etc.).
Our websites are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. This list is not exhaustive and in specific instances we may need to collect additional data for purposes set out in this policy. Some of your personal data is collected directly such as placing an order, emailing us etc. Other data is collect indirectly such as browsing and shopping activity etc.
How we protect your data
MinoxidilUK.com are committed to keeping all personal data safe and secure. To keep your data secure we take the following measures:
- encryption of data
- daily and real-time server/website scans
- security measures to protect our servers/websites from external attacks and unauthorised access; and
- internal policies for data security, data handling and training of employees.
What you can do to protect your data
MinoxidilUK.com will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from MinoxidilUK.com or one of our sites asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
If you are accessing our websites from a public location, we highly recommend you to always log out and close the web browser once you’ve completed an online session.
We also recommend you take the following measures to further enhance your online safety in general… If you have one, keep your account passwords private. If anyone knows you password they may access your account. When creating a password try to use at least 8 characters and a combination of upper and lowercase letters, numbers and symbols. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email or any other personal information, as this could be easily obtained. It is recommended to regularly change your password and avoid using the same password on multiple websites. If you have a lot of accounts look at a secure password manager that can be installed on your personal device (computer, phone, tablet etc.).
Access to your Personal Information
Under the General Data Protection Rights 2018, you are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Please send your request to us using the contact details set out below.
How long do we keep your data?
MinoxidilUK.com will not retain your data for longer than is necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however, we normally hold personal data for 7 years.
Legal basis for using data
MinoxidilUK.com collects and uses customers’ personal data because it is required for the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below) and the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer.
Complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis processing personal data in relation to sending email marketing communications to our customers. Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn. The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of MinoxidilUK.com, these include:
- selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- sending email marketing to our customers;
- understanding the behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs of our customers’;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- protecting MinoxidilUK.com, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal
obligations to MinoxidilUK.com;
- effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against us; and
- fulfilling our duties to our customers and colleagues.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small files that allows a website to collect and store a range of data on your device (i.e. computer, phone, tablet etc.). They are used to remember when your computer or device accesses our websites. Cookies are essential for the effective operation of our websites and to help you shop with us online. They are also used to tailor the products and services offered and advertised to you, both on our websites and elsewhere.
How are cookies managed?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access our websites are designed by MinoxidilUK.com or are part of our e-commerce platform and are vital for the functionality of our websites and enable you to a make purchases on our website.
What are Cookies Used For?
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to online transactions and site navigation.
- For MinoxidilUK.com to market to you, particularly web banner advertisements and targeted updates.
- To enable us to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
- To enable us to meet our contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our websites from a site operated by those parties.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. For further details, we recommend your Google the name of your browser and search for how to set cookies.
What Happens if I Disable Cookies?
This will depend on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our sites.
We reserve the right to change the policy at any time, so please check back regularly to keep informed of updates to this policy.